Here is a fun and easy example of a pendant that would be perfect for our Handcrafted Pendant Swap. Pair up an art bead pendant, like the starfish here, with a cluster of crystal accents and a cute charm.
To create the wire-wrapped bail:
1. Cut a 5" length of 20 gauge wire and insert it into the pendant.
2. Leave a 2" tail on the back and create a loop, wrap the wire around the loop 2 times, trim excess wire and use flat nose pliers to tuck the end of the wire into the wrap.
3. With the other end of the wire continue wrapping under the loop, moving the wire up and down as your wrap it to create a random texture.
4. Attach the starfish and the pendant to a 15mm jump ring.
5. Attach a 10mm etched jump ring with a 7.5mm jump ring.
6. To create the dangles use a 3" headpin and create a wrapped loop, continue wrapping the wire under the loop using the rest of the wire. I used 6 dangles for this project. Use small jump rings to attach the dangles to the 7.5mm jump ring.7. Add a 10mm etched jump ring for the ribbon.
Starfish beads can be found here.