When it comes to packing for a cruise, each person has their own style. Some pack light, others pack like Boy Scouts and are prepared for anything.
My tips for packing:
- Bring comfy shoes - there is a lot of walking done on a cruise.
- Dress in layers - you can be warm on the island and cool at night or in the dining room.
- Bring outfits that can mix and match - it's okay to wear the same capris twice on a week long cruise. I promise!
- Pack an extra set of clothes, medication and your toiletries or anything you might need for the first night in a carry-on, sometimes suitcases arrive late.
- Don't forget sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses for the islands.
- Don't stress about the formal night, an outfit you'd wear to a wedding or church service is dressy enough. Or you can pull out all the stops and wear that sequined dress you have tucked away.
An over-the-door shoe organizer is a great way to stow away toiletries, this works wonders if you are sharing a room with another gal. Store it over the bathroom door to free up your counter space and keep everything handy.
Here is a complete checklist for packing for a Caribbean cruise.
And another packing list - this one has boxes you can check off before you print.
Do you have a packing tip to share?
(Photo credit: malias via the creative commons on Flickr.)